Saturday 12 May 2012

Dduallt Mess 45 years later

In 1967 I arrived at Tan y Bwlch and walked up the very overgrown line to meet one of the ‘Deviationists’ to discuss a group of us coming up in the spring of ’68. Due to the outbreak of foot and mouth, work was suspended and our week never happened. From the pictures it was difficult for me to reconcile the present Campbell’s Cottage with the bunk house I saw back then. But it is! I can put together the memories of what I saw then. I’m here at last just 45 years late! As a plus the Ffestiniog Railway were holding their Blaenau 30 celebrations and I got to see a ‘gravity train’ like the one I took back to Tan y Bwlch in 1967.  

Matt Baker filming for Countryfile

An edited entry from the guest book of Campbell’s Cottage written May 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment